- Trim silver skin. The meat may have a thick layer of fat, some of which can be sliced off, but keep a good amount to help baste the meat.
- Sprinkle meat with rub and massage lightly all over. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or as long as overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator an hour before cooking.
- Prepare a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill to high. Place roast on grill and sear one side well, 6 to 8 minutes, checking for flare-ups.
- Turn the roast and sear other side for about the same time.
- Lower the gas to medium-high or move the meat to a cooler part of the charcoal grill.
- Turn meat again and cook another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Flip and cook again.
- A 2-pound roast will require about 20-25 minutes total cooking time.
- The roast is ready when an instant-read thermometer reaches 130 degrees when inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
- Rest roast on a cutting board 10-20 minutes.
- Slice against the grain.
- The roast is shaped like a boomerang, so either cut it in half at the center of the angle, or slice against the grain on one side. Turn the roast and slice against the grain on the other side.