- Combine in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved:
- 2/3 cup sake
- 2/3 cup mirin
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate. Prep:
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, de-veined, tail on
- Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Arrange skewers on the hot grate. Grill 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until shrimp is opaque and cooked through.
- Turn grill to low heat and brush sauce on both sides of skewers.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve with:
- Sliced scallions
- Jasmine rice